I flew home with my proper big camera in my backpack and was planning to bring it to Brussels, but I didn't. So once again, let's tell a little story with phone photos and hope I'll become best friends again with my camera next time then. Whenever that is.
Brussels. I never miss living in that city, but always love visiting what without a doubt is my favorite pretty-ugly, lovely-grey and nicely-dirty city. It had been over 6 months since I visited for the last time (and that only included defending a thesis and drinking beers... so more than a year then!), so it was about time. I took with me Lizet and Caroline and did all of my favorite things:
- tasting chocolate samples at Café Tasse at the Grasmarkt;
- going all the way up to the top floor at Parking 58 to enjoy the lovely view;
- looking into all the cute shops at Kartuizersstraat (and sneaking around the corner to wave at my old house!);
- drinking tea at A.M. Sweet, while eating bits of all of their cakes;
- checking Manneken Pis to see if he's wearing a costume;
- walking towards les Marolles(, checking the flea market if it's not too late yet) and taking the elevator up to le Sablon;
- enjoying the view, again;
- eating pita at le Perroquet in the prettiest art nouveau building;
- looking at all the pretty museum buildings, the palace and the Kunstberg;
- ending the day at le Zebra, as usual.
Still there's more I wish I could have done (Ellis burger! De Walvis! Le Botanique!), but what a good visit it was.
And oh, Bruxelles, I wish you were closer. ♡